Tuesday 24 April 2012

A Love Letter To A Husband

Zhuyin Cloud & Kitty Goregeous

My beloved husband,

When I was a little girl, I played make believe.
I pretended to cook and clean and to be a Momma to my baby dolls.
But in my naive mind, I imagined a man, a husband. He was brave and strong and very handsome. And he loved me.
It was a dream.
And some might call this a silly fairy tale or the immature longings of a girl who loved romance.
But I call it my life.
Because you are the man of my dreams.
You are the first to hold me when I am afraid.
You are my encourager when I doubt myself.
Last few months you turn 21 years old. And more than anything, I want you to know that I love you more than I ever dreamed.
You are a man among men. You stand out as you lead our family. You are my heart, my life, my best friend, my soul mate.
You are unique and beautiful.
And you are mine.

Happy Birthday, husband. I cried when you told me you sacrificed ur teenager's fun time just to focus on ur study and get the good job within 8 years & soon, propose me as ur wife .

That request alone, makes you a hero in my world. I am so proud of you.
Thank you for making my dreams come true.
For some reason, I find it difficult to express my love in words.
I love you so much that words just are not within my reach.
I first want to thank you for the last 1 year and half. I know from the bottom of my heart you truly have lived up to your vows.

We vowed “in sickness and in health”. We certainly have seen our share of both of these conditions, our faith in God has surely been tested. 
We vowed “for richer or poorer” well that experience has certainly been ours too. 

Now, did we realize what that truly meant when we made those vows? Did we understand the multiple meaning at the time we made them? 
There were times of poorer yet sometimes they were our richest times. How does one not appreciate the strengths and wonders discovered during what was seemingly the worst times of our lives. How many of our vows have overlapped. We had sickness with poorer and richness with sickness; health with wealth and poverty with health. But we were and are still on top of the world. 

Forever you and I together, left to create.
There is no mistake, you still make my stomach knot,
to which then my tongue ties, no longer can I conjure a thought.
You are my love, always have you been with me,
forever the memories of our past, to which I hope there are some to make.
Know that each and every word is spoken from my heart
Forever you have shown yourself true.

*borrowing words from Anne Bradstreet

If ever two were one, then surely we.
If ever man were lov'd by wife, then thee.
If ever wife was happy in a man,
Compare with me, ye women, if you can.
I prize thy love more than whole Mines of gold
Or all the riches that the East doth hold.
My love is such that Rivers cannot quench,
Nor ought but love from thee give recompetence.
Thy love is such I can no way repay.
The heavens reward thee manifold, I pray.
Then while we live, in love let's so persevere
That when we live no more, we may live ever...

Your forever loving wife,
kittygoregeous

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Beloved Readers